Today I am sharing one of my go to dinners- roasted chicken. This recipe produces a flavorful bird with crispy skin on the outside and juicy, perfectly cooked meat on the inside. In addition to being stunningly delicious, this chicken is also one of the easiest meals ever.
Whole roaster chicken (4-6 lbs)
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
4 or 5 cloves of garlic, smashed (or more)
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. While oven heats, rinse and dry chicken.
- Place chicken legs up in roasting pan, season outside with a good amount of salt and pepper, fill inside with garlic and rosemary.
- Place chicken in oven and cook for 17 minutes for every pound (a 5.68lbs chicken needs about 97 minutes). During this time, leave the door closed.
- Once the time is up, check the temp to make sure the chicken has reached 160 degrees. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin and set aside (for eating later). Proceed to carve chicken and enjoy.
Use the leftovers to make the best chicken salad ever. Combine chopped celery, onion, and chicken with mayo, and dill.
Use the carcass to make chicken broth. Throw carcass (with garlic, sans rosemary) in a stockpot (or crock pot on high) with onions and carrots, salt and pepper and enough water to fully cover the carcass (about a quart). Let boil for a couple hours until the broth is desired depth of color.